andreasgysinHello little beauty
- presstubeOooo, what is this thing? Did you make or buy it? How does one control the graphics? Intriguing : )
- andreasgysin@presstube It's a VFD display from Noritake / Japan. This one is alpha-numeric but there are many kinds. You'll find them on ovens, VHS recorders or older car radios.
- presstubeThanks for taking the time to explain!
- andreasgysin@presstube Noritake has it's own protocol to program the displays... Can be done with anything that has a serial (or parallel) interface, for example an Arduino. In this case I used a Teensy for it's small form factor because I could just mount it behind the display.
- andreasgysin@presstube My pleasure. Big fan of your work since the origins.
- presstube🍻! Mutual fannage : )
Log in to like or comment.