sarahsquats52FINALLY hit a 220 lb dead lift! That's 186% body weight. Can't wait to hit 2X body weight 😆 I'm almost embarrassed to admit how long I was stuck at 215 but fuck that I'm proud of myself 👌 I realized I needed to change something because my form really isn't bad at all (not perfect but not really enough to explain the long plateau) and I thought about shortening the way I work up to maxing out. It's dumb that I didn't do this sooner because I've been working this way with squatting for a while and it works. I try to minimize the energy I expend warning up So I gave enough gas in the tank for a PR. And it works. But I've been so paranoid about hurting my back that I've been almost too cautious ahs wasted a lot of energy with unnecessary warm up sets. 220 didn't feel difficult at all today and I feel like maybe I could have done 225 (although I did try 225 right after and failed but I used all my energy for 220 so who knows. Will try next week! )
If you actually read all that... well shoot you're awesome 😂
#xxfitness #activejan #fitness #xxfitpicsjan #deadlift #legs #deadlifts #powerlifter #powerlifting #raw #rawpowerlifting #usap #uspl #uspla #rawpowerlifter #girlswhopowerlift #girlsthatpowerlift #girlsthatlift #fitchicks #lifting #weightlifting #strong #fitgirls #exercise #crossfit #fitspo #strength #progress #bodybuilding #pr @redditxxfitness
- lovelyheart3721No, you're awesome!
- lovelyheart3721What belt brand do you use?
- sarahsquats52@lovelyheart3721 it's a 4" velcro belt made by Valeo. $19 on Amazon! I don't like the thicker leather power lifting belts because they are too big for Olympic lifting and get in the way so I like this because it's very low profile. This belt works just as well for my purposes having tried out the more traditional power belts before.
- nail_elleThat's awesome! Congrats! 👍🏻🏋🏻💅🏼
- lovelyheart3721Sweet. Thanks for the info
Log in to like or comment.