johanrenckIn July you told me that you were ill. We never directly touched upon it again (apart from when you made morbid jokes). It, obviously, coloured our talks on work like a nebulous and devious undercurrent but I wasn't capable of taking it in, so I embraced it all as a note on mortality, a nod on aftermaths, a comment on the concept of legacy. What else could one do?
Last night I dreamt that I bumped into you outside some dank building in deep Brooklyn. "I thought you were dead!?" I blurted out. "Who told you so?" you said with your infectious smile. "The world". The world told me so!" You smiled even wider. "Screw you world!" I bellowed, and we laughed; you bigger than me.
Well, screw you world.
- ianawithank you for sharing. i had a disturbing dream a few days before that my friend had died, i tried to shake it off that her accident during christmas was what was on my subconscious mind... but now i think it was a warped combo of that and premonition, a ripple of what the world would feel before a week had passed.
- ianawianyway, check this out @angeliska
- angeliska@ianawi Wow. Yes. Thank you.
- bentonpowerBeautiful David ❤️⚡️
- danipa1969💔💔💔💔💔...we love you Mr Jones...💔
- s.thorpe102@lydiaimber I don't know if you've seen this, but it's really really cool. This was the photographer for Blackstar.
- firstname.lastname@example.org this is amazing
- zenlyonsBEAUTIFUL. DB REST IN THE STARS
- valerjpobegaThis is so beautiful
- fredrikeklundnyMiss u both
- aliceschneiter<3 bowie
- ullamarienilssonDu följer väl @akostergards ?
- giochini@johanrenck every now and then I come back to this instapost to re-read the account of your dream, and I can totally envision that. It is soothing, somehow - so thank you for sharing that with us.
- ulrikaquebeccaI want to like this over and over and over again. Screw you instagram
- nevereveneverevenThank you for this
- davidbowiesmokingOh how I wish your dream were real. I like to think that was him assuring you his enormity in our lives will never die.
- christianbeijerTack Johan för det fina avslut du gav mannen jag haft som hjälte sedan barnsben. Värdigt, gastkramande, spektakulärt, artistiskt och så fruktansvärt bra bara. Tack! Länge sen. Kul att allt går så fantastiskt bra i övrigt.
- leahsomersethvackert skrivet @johanrenck
Log in to like or comment.