beeradercomCantillon - Wild Brussels Stout - Zwanze15. This is my pick for #internationalstoutday. "Ceci n’est pas un Stout / This is not a stout” says Cantillon.. This is their allusion to famous Belgian surrealist artist René Magritte’s "Treachery of Images". What we want is hidden behind what we see..this might look like a traditional stout but it has for sure the “Zwanze" twist on. Recipe contains no roasted barley while raw wheat is used to give beer, creamy texture and increased shelf life to endure 28 months long cask maturation. Three types of barrels were used : Half of them were emptied lambic barrels while the rest is divided into Côtes du Rhône wine and Cognac barrels. Dark brown with ruby highlights, very thin mocha head that diminish as quick as Fou' Foune stocks. Nose has sour cherries, vanilla, cocoa powder, leather, oak and tons of wine character with bit of alcohol presence(most likely from the cognac barrels). Taste is with acetobacter vinegar upfront..reminiscing a Flemish red.. cherries and prunes follows ..bitter tannins bring astringent like sensation at the back of your mouth with wheat bread / cracker like finish. Mouthfeel is soft with mid body. Happy International Stout Day folks ! What’s your choice for this important day ? #beer #bira #bier #birra #cerveza #beerader #beerglass #craftbeer #beeroftheday #gununbirasi #yum #recommendit #drink #foodporn #beergeek #beernerd #beerporn #beerlove #food #foodporn #instabeer #beerstagram #beertography #ratebeer #beeradvocate #beerstagram #thebeernation #untappd #drinkingcraft #sour #internationalstoutday2015
- groveliquorGood morning if you guys are ever are down in San Diego come look me up and I always like to cheers "to the good life" my friend!!!!!!!!
- stout_comboWould love to try this!
- beeradercom@stout_combo I believe they still serve this in the brewery together with last year's Zwanzes.
- stout_comboOne day I'll get there and hope it's zwanze day
- vivasaloonOh!! My God!!
- beeradercom@vivasaloon 👍🍻
- vivasaloon@beeradercom 😂👍👍👍
- biererei36Excellent choice! 🍻🇧🇪
- beeradercom@biererei36 indeed it is..Cheers 😃🍻
- jonbonbrodieAny chance you'd trade that glass? Or have an extra?
- beeradercom@jonbonbrodie only have one piece sorry man 😔 it was the glass from Cantillon quintessence event feat. Russian River and Allagash
- jonbonbrodieI know :) I've been looking for one for a friend for a while now. If you know of anyone else who has one, would you let me know? Hoping to surprise a friend with it.
- beeradercom@jonbonbrodie yeah sure I will 👍
- jonbonbrodieThat would be wonderful :) thanks my friend!
- bob_paolinaGreat beer, loved it. Dident know it was bottled
- beeradercom@bob_paolina they normally don't let you take these bottles out. They are only for tasting at brewery. I was a bit lucky ;)
- beerfeedWilling to trade?
- beer_fixedgearwow !! coool !!!
Log in to like or comment.