sothebysSan Francisco millionaire Kate Birdsall Johnson might be the greatest #cat enthusiast in US history. In 1891, she commissioned Austrian artist Carl Kahler to create a large-scale painting of 42 of her 350 much-loved cats, which her husband lightheartedly titled ‘My Wife’s Lovers’. Video at link in bio!
The work is on view at Sotheby’s #NYC headquarters from 30 October – 2 November, ahead of the 19th Century European Art sale on 3 November. #Sothebys19C #NationalCatDay #CatsOfInstagram #meow 😻
- stacevoli@thekatecomplex yes place can I have? I do need this
- thekatecomplexThe painting was affectionately termed "my wives lovers" hahaha @stacevoli its u.
- claireaharaSomeone bought it for over $800k @sandiadia @v_________._
- sandiadia@claireinshanghai I can't afford that. I'll just have to get real cats instead 😂😂😂🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱
- v_________._@claireinshanghai was it you? Haha
- vinicius__sandi@artrarusantiquario compra Vânia!!! É a tua cara🐈😻!!
- eloisehorikx@krizialutan goals
- krizialutan@eloisehorikx "Reading millionaire Eloise Horikx might be the greatest #cat enthusiast in European history"
- rellg3Art goals😻😻😻😻 @teachmehowtohashtag
- galleryknows@extinctionofbees ..so many gorgeous cats! 😺
Log in to like or comment.