yellowrunnerWe're NOT foam rolling.
But here's a powerful exercise "using" your foam roller to work those hips! Many running injuries are linked back to weak/unstable hips- so avoid injury and strengthen your stride with this combo hip exercise: Dip and Drive!
Get into a side plank.
Prop lower legs on a foam roller/bosu ball.
Elbow directly under shoulder.
Dip hip toward floor.
Press back up.
Drive knee up- think "running position".
Engage your core- strong, straight torso, slow and steady.
Try 2 sets of 8 reps.
Increase to 3 sets of 15-20 each side.
Don't be intimidated by the foam roller- this further challenges your core to engage and balance- BUT this can be done without the roller - and as you get stronger add the roller to the exercise.
If you only have time for one exercise today, do this one.
Be good to your body- be strong- be consistent!
It's all in the hips baby!
#wholovesya #coachsallymcrae #thebetterrunnerworkout #hipexercise #niketrail
- trailcrashers@kluearls I must try this😬
- _hvg0_@Audrey26o7 celui-ci doit bien défoncer aussi la planche version hardcore! 👌🏼💪🏼
- _hvg0_Trooop une warrior ma chouquette 💪🏼💪🏼😘 @audrey26o7
- grlrunrThis @girlzrunner
- girlzrunnerThank you @grlrunr
- tommybarlowtriUh huh. 2 more.
- smpxyzThanks @skipc!!
- tacyrunningMy hips give me trouble & I have Phx marathon in 10 days. Should I wait to try these till after? I gotta strengthen the hips!
- carolecrazypassionsThat's a nice one.
- terryruns@yellowrunner Just so ya know, these are now called #sallysideplanks in my TrainingPeaks! :) Thanks!
- fanaf79Great 💪 I love it
- riabagatsingGrabe 😁 @sweetsbycha @kayzyse @bonvillahermosa
- sweetsbychaWhoa 😱@riabagatsing @kayzyse @bonvillahermosa 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽
- bonvillahermosa@sweetsbycha @riabagatsing @kayzyse during the rainy days 🙈
- kayzyseDo this @sweetsbycha @riabagatsing @bonvillahermosa 😊
- katieripley89@flywithmexx gotta try this one!
Log in to like or comment.