ownyourboldAn open letter to the person who told me I'm "too transparent" and my income reports are "discouraging": I want to gently, peacefully remind you of a few things about entrepreneurship.
About 95% of new businesses fail. About 3% of people who try to make money online actually make enough to support themselves and their families. Most businesses take 2-3 years to break even. 96% of people who visit a website are not ready to buy right away.
These are the statistics. These are the facts. And if you cannot deal with my reality, and if you cannot deal with these facts, then you certainly won't be able to deal with your own reality when you come across your own struggle.
I have always, always been honest with my readers about my journey, whether I am talking about my life or my relationships or my weight or about business. And I am certainly, absolutely, 100% going to be honest about money. Because that's who I am and that's what I do.
I am here to be a voice of honesty and authenticity. If you don't like that I talk about both my struggles AND successes, along with my strengths AND weaknesses -- if it makes you uncomfortable, if that scares you -- then I really, truly want you to reconsider becoming an entrepreneur.
Because if you are already scared and if you are already uncomfortable and you're not willing to push through that, then you are not ready for your own journey.
I say this with love and I say this is grace, but I say this with absolute certainty: if you don't like what you are reading right now, I want you to leave. I want you to leave this community because this community is based on the truth. I want you to unfollow, I want you to unsubscribe, and when you are ready and willing to face the truth and see what actually happens when someone decides to become an entrepreneur, then you can come back.
And I hope that when you come back, you appreciate this honesty, and you appreciate that I'm showing you what happens behind the scenes because there are many, many people out there who do not.
Good luck to you.
#30daysoftodos #liveloudly #blogboss #bossbabe #bloglife #abmlifeiscolorful #abmlifeissweet
- curlsandplantsYou tell'um @stephanie_Shar!!!
- back_in_bodyDear @stephanie_shar - you are such a #bossbabe and you are helping people with your transparency. Whether it is helping people to know about the reality of entrepreneurship (and helping them realize that maybe they are too risk averse for that lifestyle) or helping other entrepreneurs know that they are not alone (those stats are the real deal). Thank you for the reminder that I am in good company with other people who dare every day to make their life, work and world look and feel the way they want it too - even when it is hard, scary, and absolutely nothing is guaranteed. #daringgreatly #brave
- ownyourboldThanks babe! @cupofcurls
- ownyourboldThank you, Martha. I really appreciate that. 😘 @back_in_body
- sothisiswhatWow! Just wow! I love appreciate and am truly grateful for your honesty and authenticity. It is so rare to find 💕🌟✨❤️ you rock!
- heatherfonsecaNot everyone is comfortable with truth. They want glittery glamour and everything perfect. I can't do it either. So glad for this post, because my lack of even a single sale since I started putting my work up online is bumming me out.
- namaste28So true! @stephanie_shar I for one, will hold on to the safety net of working for someone else until the bitter end because it is not going to happen overnight! People are wondering why I don't have business cards, a website and a run of high quality prints...I'm not ready yet. I'm not going to go too big, too fast. This takes time. I'm being real about it, and so many people font get it
- ownyourboldThank you, Judy. You've been here since the beginning and I really appreciate your insights. @namaste28
- namaste28Bless you sweetheart! I think you are amazing @stephanie_shar
- ann_ofgreengablesTrey's 13 month birthday!! Yay!!
- sheltiemommieI like how you use these sheets! Are the colours the way you prioritize? Do you keep the sheets in a binder through the week or just clipped together?
- ownyourboldHi Brittany! I use the colors based on which area of my life that task is for (blog, business, baby, etc). I've been keeping them clipped but I'm looking for the perfect binder to place them in. 😊 @sheltiemommie
- sheltiemommieOh great idea! @stephanie_shar 😊
Log in to like or comment.