yellowrunnerWanna be a better downhill runner? Wanna get faster?
Try my BAM-BAM Balance n' Strengthening exercise.
Grab 2 Dumbbells.
Balance on one foot.
Assume running position.
Tall torso, arms at a 45-90 degree angle.Engage core.
Do the reverse lunge w/running arms 10-12 times on each leg.
Balance on one foot- running position. Do 20 "running arms" then switch to other foot and repeat.
To advance increase weight a bit and increase reps. (I use 10-15lb Dumbbells and do 2-4 sets of 20)
The key is to stay steady and in control. Focus on keeping solid running form, especially as you swing your arms- your torso will want to twist.
These two exercises work your entire body-hips, glutes, arms, shoulders, core- all while training your balance and coordination which is VITAL to improving your speed and downhill running.
Lock it in!
Now hit that downhill technical single track like a freakin lion and BAM BAM!!! You won't miss a beat!
#wholovesYa #coachsallymcrae #thebetterrunnerworkout #wednesdayWorkout #core #thebetterathleteseries #nikeTrail Thanks to @naturesfoodnutrition for fueling me in between workouts today!
- tommybarlowtriSooo true. 8 lbs later it's time to stop reaching into the fridge I suppose.... #eatcationisover
- yellowrunner@tommybarlowtri ha ha!! Dude! You just ran one of the toughest 100 mile races in the country! Pretty sure that 8lbs was NEEDED ! 👊😉congrats again!
- tommybarlowtriThanks. If not needed I'm at least going with the notion that it was deserved 🍰🍪🍭
- sicembradThanks for the advice and coaching
- mistermgr@sanjypants this is how you train for the trails when there are none
- yellowrunner@tommybarlowtri well deserved! On second thought- holidays are around the corner- keep the streak going. #EatUp
- yellowrunner@sicembrad absolutely! 😄
- mocaisalocaI'm going to start doing this. I've been doing your exercise video with the paper plates!
- yellowrunner@mocaisaloca awesome! It's killer!! Keep it up👊👊
- katierunstrails@yellowrunner did those exercises yesterday!! Thank you!
- yellowrunner@katierunstrails heck yeah! Great work Katie! 👊
- romangal30Oooo think I'll give that a try once my quads have healed!! 😀 Thanks @michellegordon3
- al.gerard.sDefinitely want to try this!! Thanks.
- kmurphy153@lesliesloan needs to follow this runner, great training tips!
- irun_norcalGonna start this one this week
- soreycheefel@wherezmymeat this is a great exercise, one that you need to have some FLEXIBILITY to preform well
Log in to like or comment.