drewbinskyAfter a long 3 days spent in #Cairo, I'm finally happy to get out of here. I just wrote a new blog post ✏️ describing why this is the toughest city that I've ever traveled to in my life.
Click on the link in my bio to read it, or visit www.thehungrypartier.com/Cairo.
I'm off to #Istanbul right now ✈️ Anyone going to be around?!
- theholistic_vibeI went to Cairo a few weeks ago. I loved it but it's not for the faint of heart to say the least.
- theholistic_vibeWow I just read your blog post. I find it so interesting and unfortunate as I had a completely opposite experience. Yes Cairo is loud and chaotic but it also has a certain charm. I went with a group of people and not one time did we feel unsafe. Lol they drive absolutely insane out there I agree. As far as Egyptians being aggressive or hostile? I felt the opposite. Sure they were pushy for us to buy stuff but when you're from New York like myself you have thick skin. Also, I'm assuming you only traveled throughout the poor communities of Cairo as there are extremely rich areas like Zamalek were people drive Mercedes Benz' and BMW's and there are boutique cupcake shops and organic grocery stores. Egypt takes planning. Difficult to just go with the wind there. I can't wait to go back.
- drewbinsky@consciouslip you went with a group of people, that's why you had this experience. I was alone in downtown.. Maybe I'd enjoy it better if I was accompanied with friend s
- shehab_kI live there and I love it , gotta stay tough tho
- cheskiesgaplifeI haven't really heard good things about Cairo, although I loved Luxor! Worth it for your pyramid photos though ☀️
- gingerlamore@mynamesmishka @kathrynjlang
- drewbinsky@cheskiesgaplife yeah totally worth it for the pyramids!
- drewbinsky@consciouslip Thanks for sharing your experience
- drewbinsky@deenah1712 @rhondanassar yes I agree -- maybe next time will be better :) THanks for all of your thoughts and recommendations!
- unviajealpaladarGreat pic!!
- matttwinter@gus_harb seems consistent with how you felt about it
- email@example.com 👌
- ahmednabihh@consciouslip glad you got what Cairo is all about. And thanks for the very nice words :) you're most welcome anytime. Egypt can't wait to meet you again. Try visiting luxor & sharm el sheikh next time. Again thanks 😊😊
- theholistic_vibeYou are very welcome! Yes! I went to Luxor while there. Amazing! Sharm el-Sheikh is a must next time! ☺️ @ahmednabihh
- herpofficiallHow sad! If you plan to comeback anytime, I recommend you to visit even more touristic places like Luxor and Aswan. Or maybe more adventuring places; surfing in the Red Sea. Places like Sharm-El-Sheikh and Dahab or anywhere beside the sea will be an outstanding visit. (sorry for my bad english.)
- samora_a7md@consciouslip Thanx for the great words👌 nd u r wlcm anytime 😊
- monica_pateisLove your photos! 👍 but I didn't see anything from Petra-Jordan. You must go there!
Log in to like or comment.