claraparkesFor years, Don and Robert and I were an invincible trio out on the water. In May, Robert passed away. Today, winds willing, I have the privilege of joining Don for his last sail of the season - and to scatter a tiny portion of Robert's ashes in the bay he so loved. Don is joining us for dinner afterwards, and since I'm having big feelings... cake.
- lancasteryarnshopGorgeous. Cake is perfect.
- stixandstringChocolate... So good for the soul. ❤️
- lalaknitsLovely cake. Perfect expression of big feelings
- daphneadairAh. May the winds be willing. I'm sorry for your loss.
- thebonvivantThere is little in this world that cake can't fix. Have a safe trip on the water honoring him. 🌊
- nellknitsMore ❤️
- sweaterspotterAw, goodbyes are sad and filled with good memories! Make sure you scatter in the right direction or that wind will dust you with Robert. (We got a dusting of grandparent the day we scattered them.)
- claraparkes@sweaterspotter Believe me that has been a thought! Robert even joked about it when we were out on the boat together last year. Don's idea: just chuck the whole jar into the water. I had to remind him that it probably wouldn't sink...
- claraparkes@sweaterspotter (being able to joke about it has made the whole experience that much more surreal)
- sweaterspotterDeath is pretty surreal. Someone you love is there and then they're not, but they sort of still are, in you.
- jenireid@claraparkes also beware of wildlife. My great aunt's ashes were scattered on the shores of her favourite loch. The loch is also a favourite with ducks and people who want to feed them. You can guess what happened next. Wishing all three of you smooth sailing. X
- melissamorganoakesKeep the container low to the water. We had an ash blowback issue with my mother at Cape Neddick. She ended up all over us. Some in the water, some on the rocks, and a big plume on us.
- jotouseyCan't top all these comments! But my love to you and Don today and always...
- romidesignsSending kindness and warm feelings. ✨
Log in to like or comment.