olypoliceWe try to stay pretty positive with our Instagram posts however we wanted to share with you what OPD is dealing with regarding the protests. Last night approximately 50 protesters marched the streets of downtown Olympia masked up and dressed in all black carrying weapons ranging from baseball bats to sticks to socks with rocks in them... At one point the protesters turned towards a patrol vehicle that was blocking traffic and started swinging bats while approaching it. Later, we received word that the protesters assaulted a man on a motorcycle and was beating him with a bat. While we responded to the victim the protesters continued on to City Hall and proceeded to use their weapons to break multiple windows and vandalize the building and patrol vehicles. #olypd #olympia #olypolice #cityofolympia #patrol #police
- rugbymom9We support you, so sorry they're uneducated, and uninformed people out there who will use any issue as just cause to act like morons. #policelivesmatter
- christinayemThis is terrible. So sorry..
- jilllynn1984So scary that the respect for authority has gone out the window. Thank you for update.
- hi_d_iThankyou for your service!
- emroosaThanks for all you do, that was a scary group...drove by them on the street and felt unsafe in Oly for the first time in a long time. 💙💙💙
- deniseandfriendsThank you for your service!
- katrik73Some people just suck. I'm assuming (hope) that most of the protesters were from out of area just looking for some trouble to cause and are not my fellow Olympians. Thank you OlyPD for all you do. Respect!
- melknitsinolyThank you for all you do to keep us and our city safe.
Log in to like or comment.