proteinpowI'm amazed at the fact that, in this day and age, there are companies out there still marketing protein powder 'for women.' It's ridiculous. Women don't need a protein powder that's different to that sold to men.
What bugs me the most about it though, isn't the fact that these women protein powders contain the exact thing as men's do yet they're more expensive. No. What bugs me the most is that they promote misinformation, the kind we absolutely NEED to get rid of. They promote the kind of misinformation that leads women to think that lifting heavy weights is 'for men' because it will make them 'bulky.' The kind of misinformation that propagates the idea of 'toning.' The type of information that leads women to believe that they can't train - or eat - like men. Sure, the caloric intake of (most) women is less than (most) men's as a product of women's physiology and their having comparatively less muscle mass. But that doesn't mean women need 'special foods' or undemanding workouts.
To make matters even worse, a lot of these 'women-only' protein powders are marketed as de facto 'dieting' powders - or powders for women to lose weight and look a certain way. You know, six pack, ultra-low body fat. It's absurd. As if a fit and healthy female body were only that with a six pack! As if weight loss happened as a result of the use a single product too, instead of a sensible diet plan, a well-designed exercise program, and adequate sleep - all diligently adhered to.
These products are a circus of misinformation 🎭
- tiiinieIf it's pink it's for women ! 😂😂😂
- freudandfries@degezondebakparade 👌
- oficialolmos@amberdodzweit @kathleentesori @elenafoley @bodytempleaesthetics 👌🏾
- bodytempleaesthetics@oficialolmos why was I tagged in this?
- ankiesaurusI enjoyed this.
- ankiesaurus@lebel_boss @jennyk18_nj
- oficialolmos@bodytempleaesthetics just letting you know about @proteinpow
- kathleentesori@oficialolmos that is so funny!!!!
- kathleentesoriHahahaha so true!!!!
- mossbrickGah! Amen! Women need to learn the truth behind the science. Thank goodness we have people like you spreading the real word 👊🏻
- proteincakeryI wonder which brands you are referring to. I use one of the pink brands, but it's not any more expensive and they don't make any weight loss promises. I think we just need to be educated consumers, same as with anything else we buy!
- domensfitstagramPREACH 🙌🏼
- nsord@ladincakiroglu al oku. Dogru diyor
- rob_570@mad_650 👍👍
- _leanabanana_Preach!! ✊👏
- kaleah.hexThats the thing called "marketing"
Log in to like or comment.