msjennyhomemakerI found a chambray in my stash to start on a Southport while the linen I want to use dries - yay! *But* I'm also using stash binding and I'm not liking how it looks after topstitching. Anyone have any tips to keep it smooth?
- msjennyhomemaker#sewing #sewcialist #biasbinding #sewingproblems
- offsquareHmm. Did you trim the edge before folding it over? Maybe clip the curves a little too?? It's gonna be such a lovely top, cute fabric!
- ladykatzaThe above plus a walking foot helps if you have one and then the iron fixes a multitude of sins
- msjennyhomemaker@offsquare I was just thinking to myself that maybe a bit of clipping would have helped. It was worse when I did the armscye so, I think I'll unpick them and give that a try. Thanks! 😀
- msjennyhomemaker@ladykatza This is after ironing 😆 I think I'll give clipping a try, thanks! It's second nature when I use linings so, I'm not sure why I didn't think of it.
- sewbrookeClipping will definitely help. =)
- msjennyhomemaker@sewbrooke Good to know! I'm a little embarrassed it didn't occur to me sooner, haha.
- thehiddenphysicistThat looks like fabric from the Lisette line. Pretty!
- email@example.com Good eye! 😀
Log in to like or comment.