msmthomas"BEFORE / AFTER CULTURE IS EVIL. You know the pictures I mean: the ones that reinforce the idea if you're overweight you must be depressed, reclusive, sexless, lonely and unattractive. STANDARD BEFORE PIC: Badly lit, in an unflattering outfit. Perhaps in an ill-fitting bikini or (my personal favourite) struggling through a tough work out in skimpy gym gear (“LOOK AT THAT FAT IDIOT! TRYING TO IMPROVE THEMSELVES! LOOK AT THEM SWEAT AND TURN RED AS THEY PERFORM CARDIOVASCULAR EXCERSIE TO IMPROVE BLOOD PRESSURE, SPEED UP THEIR METABOLISM AND IMPROVE THEIR OVERALL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WELLBEING! WHAT A DISGUSTING LOSER! HAHAHAHAHA!) STANDARD AFTER PIC: Groomed. Glamorous. Gorgeous (with a hint of wistfulness for the lost years in Club Fatty-Boom-Batty). BALLS. TO. THAT.
These are my "before" pics. They were taken on my 30th birthday to mark the occasion. In these picture I'm horribly hungover after a heavy night-before which involved my mates spoiling me rotten with delicious food and booze. On that day my gorgeous friend Zoe and I went to my favourite park, where we cackled like crones as she chased me around with a camera, yelling “STICK YOUR BUM OUT! STICK YOUR TITS OUT!” (to the bewilderment of many a dogwalker)
Yes. I'm overweight in those pictures. But did that make that day any less joyous? Less memorable? Less important? Hells No.
I'm still in the process of losing weight, safely, slowly and healthily. I don't know what my after shots will look like but if they're as fun as the before....? Mate. I can't wait. Nor should you. Enjoy all the amazing things you can do with your body right now. Use that joy as a propeller towards health and happiness." Read more of the #HEALTHYHAPPYHOT manifesto, link in bio. #bodypositivity #bodyshaming
- smashhansenI can't believe you went and posed for this hung over. After my 40th, I could barely move the next day. Keep getting these healthy messages out!
- heather_hisakoYou're beautiful
- martinez.ptBien hecho!
- tessrobsThanks for being awesome.
- silviabeingsillyYou look beautiful and healthy! Your body may not be like the stereotypical top model but do you really need to loose weight? I am not defending obesity or unhealthy lifestyle but we need to question this obsession of fitting into unrealistic beauty standards
- lisamaya13Gorgeous pic and beautifully said! <3
- ilovebrocolliAgreed @sam.simply.love.doula awesomely said! X
- sunbella@msmthomas this is the best!!! Would you please consider doing a #beautifulwarriors pic and "truth" to help other women? We're asking women to share a truth that you wouldn't normally share on social media, to unite us in our battles. We're all in this together! X
- shawntelkelly@kaylajoy perfection!
- msmthomas@shawntelkelly Thank you so much! It's an extract from the HHH manifesto - the link is in my bio if you wanted to read the rest! Mx
- zukamenswearproud of urself :)
- katandrosieI would totally marry you and we would have a freaking blast. Much rather be with a vibrant beautiful sexy women than with a "slip of a woman" who wouldn't have enough caloric intake to fuel a wild and vibrant life. You are amazing. Thank you.
- alusciouslifeThis is my exact philosophy. I take all my before, and progress pictures looking how I feel that day in the best lighting possible.
- pipipuupiAll you have to lose is like 30 or 40 lbs. It's nothing. It should be a snap! Focus more on calories than exercise. It can be so easy and quick ^=^
- tikothesquirrelInspirational. I've lost 35 pounds and have 65 more to reach my goal! 💜💜
- dansburyYou are my hero
- dansburyAlso, hot damn ;)
- ashleycwellman@beard_goggles_ check this lady out!
Log in to like or comment.