tinyrayofsunshineDay 26: Hacks. This is a small hack, but helps me to organize my index. I split it in half. I use the left side for all entries that are not dated. I place 'journal' and 'morn (short for morning) pages' where the page block is because I usually have many of those entries and need more room to write down the page numbers. The right side is for all dailies, weeklies and monthlies. I started doing this with my last BuJo because I found out that I sometimes need to flip back to a certain day, and with tons of entries, I forget what I'm looking for and waste time going in a loop😅. Before this I didn't even index dated pages at all, but found out recently that it is necessary. It's also kind of neat seeing how many pages I've made into collections and when the next dated page or spread occurs. 😊 Are there any hacks you've come up with that you love? Do share! :D #bulletjournalchallenge #bulletjournal #notebooklove #leuchtturm1917 #BulletJournalIndex
- kali.kamboOoo splitting up the index is a great idea!
- email@example.com Thanks, Kali! 😊
- clairekhooI split my index in half too! :)
- findingayahI don't currently index my daily pages (aside from the basic "July.... 2-21") but I do color code my collections in the index by topic to make it easier to find what I'm looking for!
- tinyrayofsunshine@clairekhoo It's so handy! And space-saving 😃
- tinyrayofsunshine@findingayah That's a pretty good idea. Do you keep a little key somewhere to remember what your color-coding is?
- findingayahNot currently as I've only got 3 colors going, but I'm not sure if I'll need one since it's growing rather organically. I find a system works better for me if it's intuitive instead of just making another thing I have to refer to
- enfabricaI note the page number of daily pages in the date box of the monthly calendar.
Log in to like or comment.