ipratttoday is a historic day, literally.
history will look back on today as a turning point.
reading through some of the dialogues happening on different posts and articles, i have been horrified by some of the things people are saying. i wanted to take advantage of whatever small voice i have to say something i think is very, very important.
whatever the message you might be hearing from people who claim to follow Jesus, the message of Jesus was one of grace.
he met broken and lonely people where they were, he was a friend to the people the religious folks hated and condemned.
he actively loved and shared life with people who lived in ways very different than he believed to be best, and he ultimately gave up his life for these people.
so my message to the gay community is this:
you are loved. you have infinite dignity and worth. my heart is breaking reading some of the horrible things being written towards you right now by people who claim to be following Jesus, i am so so sorry. on behalf of the faith community, i want to apologize and tell you that you are beautiful and loved and cherished, and that Jesus does not, as many posts i’ve read today declare, hate you. he actually loves you so much that he literally gave himself up so that you would have freedom to follow him into true Love. that invitation is still there for you. and beyond Jesus, I love you too. come to portland and get some coffee with me. or maybe a really good drink. i’d love to share some life with you.
my message to those in the faith community right now is this:
consider the message you are giving to the world today, hold it up against the message of the Jesus you are claiming to follow.
don’t put barriers between the world and Jesus, that makes you his enemy. Jesus came to invite people in to a beautiful reality. and he is asking you to do the same. i don’t know about you, but i don’t want to go to any party hosted by someone who hates me.
as always, thanks for reading these thoughts, i appreciate all of you and the beautiful people you are. you are loved. go be love to those who need it.
- bennyreeBeen feeling the same today, how is anyone going to see Jesus if we don't show Him to the World. His Love and Forgiveness. Bless you for taking the time out to write this !!
- coreyhansen@amberhansen ❤️
- lindvlThis is perfect. I don't get how people claim to follow Jesus but don't act like it
- amberhansen@caseyydanielle Great words on topic with our discussion earlier 😊
- deedee5alohaBeautifully said...thank you
- chacahantasyou rule at saying things. yay! amen brother!
- isleofview@elegantowl This is what I was talking about!❤️
- juliedarrellLOVE!!! Jesus came to love and asks us to do the same. So simple.
- firstname.lastname@example.org sorry you feel that way man, if you're ever in Portland and want to grab a drink and chat, let me know, I'd love to get to know you!
- sam.groznyk@ipratt classy answer man. Now of course I feel terrible. Yeah bro, we'll grab a drink sometime.
- email@example.com looking forward to it, check dm for my number!
- mrsnatalieweaver@ipratt great word sir, great word
- piperbaileyparisYes, @ipratt
- samwodarck@billy_mathes read this quote
- tabgracThank you for this post. I really appreciate what you said!
- thomasjwilson@natebobphil right??? Praise the lord!!! He makes all things new.
- lexinary👍💗 perfectly said!!
Log in to like or comment.