laurairionThere are several parts of my house that fall somewhere in the range of "not so nice" to "extra hideous." Take for example our deck, which we have nicknamed the Dr. Seuss deck, because there are no right angles. It's rotting, peeling, and heaving out of the ground, and generally trying to maim anyone who dares cross it. The thing is so slanted that if we set up a kiddie pool the water slopes to zero depth. But sometimes you gotta just pause and appreciate how beautiful even a decaying, decrepit, ornery deck can be when a flowering vine winds its way through a staircase railing. #livethelittlethings 💜😉 p.s. The railing on the other side of these stairs fell off and is laying on the grass. 😂 p.p.s. Goes to show not everything is as perfect as Instagram makes it out to be! 😜
- kimklassen#wabisabi beautiful. Love the beauty in the perfectly imperfect. 💕
- charitylcraigThis made me laugh. You did find the beauty in the decay. 💞
- clearcutcrystalThat is beautiful in its own way. Love this.
- lauraacaseyLaura, I can barely even envision a deck behind your back door, if it makes you feel any better. Tho it was surely covered in snow last time I was there...
- yucatanseaI love everything about this post & pic. And ditto what @kimklassen said! 👌🙌💕
- jocelyne.westGood eyes, Laura! Always seeing the pretty in the "imperfection" that vine is a real treat! 😘😘😘
- traci.yauLove you. Love your dr Seuss deck. Love your eye for beauty. 😘
- marechelimon♡ love ♡
- ayannalistenbeePerfect!! I love this post♡...and, I think I own your desck's distant cousin...
- laurairion@ayannalistenbee hahaha oh no we can commiserate together! 🙈🙈
- ayannalistenbeeAhhh, yes! 😊😉
Log in to like or comment.