As many of you now know, I was arrested last night for swimming topless in my apartment complex pool, at 9:30pm, by two West Hollywood male officers. The filed charge is a 314.1 for Indecent Exposure. I was handcuffed out of my building, barefoot, and placed in the back of the police car, driven to the West Hollywood Police Department, spent the night in the jail cell, and released this morning at 5:45am.
This is a women's and LGBT rights issue. I don't feel that my chest should be viewed as indecent. I choose to live in West Hollywood because we are a progressive community, that "protects and safeguards the right and opportunity of all persons to be free from discrimination on account of sexual orientation and/or gender identity" -9.28.010 Public Policy
The charge filed against me is a "sex crime", if it is not dropped, I could face the chance of legally being registered a sex offender in California, and could potentially face up to 6 months in jail. I chose to expose my breasts in the privacy of my apartment complex pool, because that is my gender presentation. Women should feel safe being topless and not sexualized.
How can I feel safe and protected living in a city where my own sexual and gender identity is deemed offensive!? What makes the nipples on my chest any different than the nipples of those men that stand beside me!? The city of Los Angeles just celebrated their 45th Annual Gay Pride weekend. Only hours before my arrest, thousands of people flooded the streets celebrating our right to be free and equal, but what took place last night contradicts ALL that we are fighting for and there needs to be a change NOW.
I'll be speaking at the West Hollywood City Council meeting tonight, at 6:30pm. Please join me. It's time to decriminalize female toplessness and empower women everywhere in the effort towards global gender identity. #freethenipweho #freethenipple @wehowlc @wehochamber
- meghan.48Unrelated, but I have the same phone case in purple! Lol
- coyotebruisesOh HELLLLLL NOOOOO! Goodballs! This will not stand. Fight the fucking male privilege power bullshit. Pusse possy stands for nipple freedom!!! Who wants to see male nipples over a woman's anyway. Plus I will personally organize a jail break.
- sammy.pritch@cassandradrools Have you heard about this yet??
- ngjdontcareLet me know if you need a lawyer. @annargoods
- hoperogygood luck! this makes me sick to even hear about, so ridiculous
- dolphindylanawesome just send me anything and will post email@example.com
- mariolafsen@ylvakaroline ikke sant?! jeg ble helt satt ut
- davisonemilyI'm from England, UK and I really want to support you, how can I? Have you got an online petition going yet? Please let me know because this is horrific..
- jocelynkara93@caseycaserton indecent exposure is a sex crime. Anyone charged with indecent exposure is supposed to be put on the sex offenders list. As long as their not famous. That being said, nipples should not count for indecent exposure. Men fought to show their nipples and got hardly any resistance but god forbid a woman show hers unless it's in porn, or television. Women's nipples wouldn't be so over sexualized if society would give equal rights.
- jshssheYou should have gotten life ....
- mrsleblanchandSex offender is a huge leap, life ruining leap without a doubt. But I would agree a public pool was maybe not a good choice. I'd be all for it in a private pool- been there, done that.
- jade_isabelle_skolnikI totally support you! Good luck with everything, we will make a change
- annargoods@mattmcgorry please read my story! I'd love your support.
- ladideathstrike@tessameliaa this 💜.
Log in to like or comment.