roughfisherSome folks were busy chasing carp competitively today, I chose a more worthwhile pursuit, hunting for bigmouth buffalo.
This warrior has been ravaged from the toils of the spawn. It's amazing how beat up these fish get each Spring from spawning. The raw strength these native fish possess is incredible.
#roughfish #bigmouthbuffalo #minnesota #carpcrack #artisanflies
@scientificanglers @rossreels @umpquafeathermerchants @loonoutdoors
- ebbsforce1Not bad!
- carpstalker1@roughfisher nice dude
- sam_pedontiBuffalo soldier
- jharris828Thanks for the link! Where about is this? Any idea? @wayne_boon
- wayne_boon@jharris828 Minnesota I think?
- roughfisherThanks @ebbsforce1 @carpstalker1
- roughfisher@jharris828 @wayne_boon yes this is in MN
- jharris828Thanks guys! @wayne_boon @roughfisher
- alexlandeenLookin' good, brutha.
- rossreelsVery nice!
- treycobainWhat fly reel would you recommend for nice size carp/bass? I need a bigger reel, but don't have too much to spend.
- roughfisher@treycobain in the carp game you gotta pay to play. Good drag systems like a Ross F1 cost money.
- themodernwildHey, there are some of those in a lake near me. Do you use carp flies for them? I have no idea how to go about it. Any tips would be appreciated!
- roughfisher@themodernwild I do use carp flies when fishing for buffalo (mainly in rivers), though I would focus my approach for those lake buffalo based on the available forage not so much the type of fly. I've seen buffalo caught in lakes using minnows, twister tails, spinner baits, you name it. Knowing your forage is key.
Log in to like or comment.