rutledgewoodJust witnessed history being made @ the Hoover Dam with #Freightliner ! Truly amazing world premier of the first autonomous big rig. The Freightliner Inspiration is unreal! Thanks for having me! Huge thanks to Mark Cook, the manager of the dam. Great guy!
- 503daolmo@rolliethompson Can you imagine going down the road, feet up on the dashboard, drinking a cup of coffee and reading the latest Log Trucker.
- prlsee@ncargile42 you should have went!!
- troyfert@rutledgewood ... He is seeing it now. The major, now global, former family first, company has been trading trust in its drivers (especially the safest and most senior) for trust in technology. With things like auto-braking... Real safe stuff at 65 mph during winter. Drivers have been running without cruise control to override it, which is messing up the company's fuel economy goals. Pretty sure this all has a lot to do with insurance premiums and money. Humans are just not a $afe bet anymore. #devilsadvocate Just sayin, my Dad will retire in the next few years with over 4 million safe miles. Most of which where made in a truck he controlled 100%. He feels his latest and greatest truck is less safe with all the tech than previous rigs. #inevitable #change but #goodconvo Thanks for replying Rut, your a good family guy. #muchrespect
- so_lushDid you take any more dam pictures? !?
- jbjj48I'm proud to be an American 🇺🇸
- adammyers22Check this out @crystal_myers13 @my_name_is_mud . USA!
- maximiliano_2.7When was this I live like 10 minutes away from the hoover dam
- royr80@russwoot look at the video map on the Hoover dam
- benfriedenFreaking 'Murica
- rutledgewood@kadeneverett that's awesome!
- rutledgewood@troyfert totally understand where you're coming from man. Kudos to your dad for all those safe miles...that's amazing. I know first hand how hard that job is. Thanks for the kind words man. Take care
- scotth1220I wonder how long till every state allows this.
- kpotter04When is top gear coming back ?
- ncargile42@prlsee awwww I wish I knew about it
- orelfargasHopefully Canada will get this bad boy.
- pixel.killerYes sir... I want to thank the guys who matter most! That's the utilities/ stage hands! It's always the guys who honestly work so much harder than me! But in the end thank you... To everyone that helped our company succeed!
- pixel.killerBut in short... Get you fucking some!
- the_hankerchiefHalf of me thinks this is awesome. The other half fears that the suspense movie Maximum Overdrive is about to become a documentary
Log in to like or comment.