Cinco de mayo is almost over, however these easy peasy Carnitas Tacos would be fab for your Mother's Day get together this weekend - a crowd pleaser for sure.
1. (Over) Buy enough bone-in pork butt for the amount of people you are serving.
2. Generously rub pork butt with dry spice rub. Try: chile powder, garlic powder, onion powder, a touch of cayenne and ground cinnamon, lots of salt and pepper.
3. Sear all sides of the spiced pork butt over high heat, using a few tablespoons of vegetable oil, in an appropriate sized Dutch oven.
4. Once all sides are nicely browned, pour in equal parts of whole milk and your favorite Mexican beer - enough liquid to go about halfway up the sides of the pork butt - and also a quartered orange, a quartered onion with skin, a head of garlic halved around its equator, and a couple chipotles in adobo sauce.
5. Cover and transfer Dutch oven to a 350 degree oven for at least 3 hours, or until meat is fall apart tender. Uncover and let cook uncovered for another hour.
6. Serve with warm corn tortillas, cilantro sprigs, chopped white onion, and your choice of salsas (roja, verde, pico de gallo). Buen provecho, amigos. Happy eating, friends. Really, these are muy muy muy deliciosos!
- culinaryinspoRecipe sounds great
- ludlow__kitchen@culinaryinspo thank you!
Log in to like or comment.