- embeddedjunkieNew toys for experimenting with sanding shaping smoothing polishing finishes #tumbler #newtoys #arttoy #arttoys #designertoy #designertoys #customtoy #Toydesign #toys4life #toystagram #customtoys #Etsy #crafts #DIY #sanding #shaping #smoothing #polishing
- crazywhitemachinistI find a rotary can work faster but a vibratory holds more. Depends on application and media tho
- machinerightRotary tumbler will give you faster and better results. Vibratory tumbler from hf is ok but as much but I didn't see any results that were worth the amount of time the tumbler is on. I tried over 14 different media's as well
- embeddedjunkie@acm_avila that is my experience as well. Testing just today I see faster results for the rotary. The vibratory is doing something but it's taking the slow route lol. Maybe I can split the difference and use one as the starter and the other as the finisher.
- machinerightIf it was for metal I would go that route but for plastic I didn't see much polishing going on even when using novus and others. If I were you I would return the vibratory and pick up another rotary and use the second as a polisher
- makerloungeWe have both. In our experience for 3d-prints the rotary one is much better. But some parts could break from to object.