theweathereddoor, writeer.co, theboutiquelist, ilike2decorate, barbarajoymcgeehill and _bkkvintage like this
dravenmadeHappened upon this lovely piano bench w/ storage this past weekend! The question tho is, how do I tuft it with the hinges? CAN I even tuft it? Help! Would love some input from y'all! :) #diy #help #howdoi #furniturefinds #thrifted #thriftedfurniture #bloggerproject
- honeynhydrangeaI want to do the same project! I believe that you just have to screw the hinges back in over the fabric with longer screws. What do you think?
- dravenmade@honeynhydrangea yay, we could be project buddies! :) Thx for the advice! Longer screws would make sense. I'm also concerned about how to leave a gap at the back of the lid so it can properly shut, which is tricky if the fabric is stapled to the underside. Hmmm...
- honeynhydrangeaMine has a gap. So we would have to make sure to not add bulk to the underside. Are you going to actually do tufting? I have never done that!
- dravenmade@honeynhydrangea yeah guess we'd have to tuck & secure the back fabric a bit differently. And yup, love tufting! I made a tufted headboard last summer and did a blogpost w/ step-by-step pix - blog link in profile. It's surprisingly easy! :)
- honeynhydrangeaOoh! Gonna check it out! @remodelaholic did a piano bench on her blog! I just looked at it. She went around the hinges!
- dravenmade@honeynhydrangea oh awesome, I'll have to look her up!! Major thx!! And keep me posted on your bench project - I'll try to do the same! :-D
- ilike2decorateMaybe don't tuck? Just finish it with nail heads rather than bringing the fabric underneath?
- dravenmade@ilike2decorate true. I'll have to play around w/ it a bit. Thx! :)
Log in to like or comment.