sproutedroutesA cookie healthy enough to eat for breakfast?? Here it is - I have invented hands down the best healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe that exists - and they're not only gluten free but completely grain free. They're gooey on the inside with crispy edges and a wonderful sweet, buttery flavor. They taste, really, exactly like the sugar and flour packed versions - except they contain NO refined sugar, NO flour, a ton of good fat, magnesium and Vitamin E, and a whopping 4 grams of protein per cookie. I tested these cookies on my nieces this past weekend and they had no idea they were healthy, and kept reaching for more and more.
1 cup raw cashews*
1/2 cup unsalted almond butter*
2 eggs, preferably pastured
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to sprinkle on top if desired
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup of chocolate chips of choice
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a food processor, blend the cashews for 2 - 3 minutes, or until they form a paste, with the oils visibly releasing. Add in almond butter and process for 30 more seconds, scraping down the sides, before adding eggs and vanilla and processing an additional 30 seconds, scraping down the sides, until the batter is uniform. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, sea salt and baking soda; then add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir thoroughly. Mix in the chocolate chips. Spoon teaspoon sized amounts onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving 4 - 5 inches between each cookie to accommodate spreading, and sprinkle with sea salt if desired, before baking for 20 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and let sit on pan for 5 minutes before moving to a drying rack. Makes 18 - 22 cookies. *You can make this recipe with all almond butter (you would omit the cashews and use 1 cup of almond butter), or all cashews (omit the almond butter and use 2 cups of cashews), but I’ve found you get the best, most traditional chocolate chip cookie taste and texture by combining the two.
- cboyloWhere am I getting coconut sugar?!? @loandrews
- smellthecoffee24Made these today..... Sooooo delish! I used coconut palm sugar.
- sproutedroutes@katehensley24 I'm so glad you liked them! 😘
- superfitbabeHave you considered starting a blog? Your recipes are incredible!
- mezmusicOmg @sel.sel._
- desirable__Just made these.. what an awesome recipe! I can't stop eating them.. so delicious! Thank you so much!
- sproutedroutesOh man @desir_able watch out - there was a time a few months ago where I made them every day for at least 2 weeks!! 🙊😉 glad you enjoy!
- blankanne@allyary made these and they are spectacular
- sproutedroutes@blankanne oh yay I'm so glad you liked them!
- blankanne@sproutedroutes yes they were unbelievable-- my husband is already on me to make more lol
- lfg_gomezThis is the recipe that I followed. Are these cookies different than the one that I just wrote to you about?
- katydid026omg.. i haven't taken the time to stop eating the dough so that i can turn the oven on... this is AMAZING
- sproutedroutes@katydid026 ahhaha story of my life 👍
Log in to like or comment.