Around 2008 when I was on high school, I got assignment in english class to write a one page / 4 paragraphs-writing about people who influenced you.
At that time, I was and am fond about Andy Warhol. So I picked him, did a little research and all that. I had to read the assignment in front of class (as part of reading/speaking practice - since we were all not english native speaker lol). I collected his most cited words. One of my favourite is “I think everybody should be nice to everybody.” - and I doodle it again now.
For me, it means more than just that. What you radiate is what you attract, so.. Be nice not only to your clique, to your main family, to your neighbour.
But be nice also to your extended family, be nice to people outside your circle (remember, you are not a brand in the market, so other people is not your competition) - be nice to people you encounter on street or work or school, be nice to the cashier, to the waiters, to the bus driver you’re on.
Just.. be nice (at least; try) to everybody; even the bitter skeptical one.
And oh! at this moment I’d like to thank you to everyone that had been so nice to me. The past few weeks had been a hard time (kinda big life decisions, financial storm, and fell down sick for almost a week and all that,) - So thank you! ☺️ And to the people who leave sweet and lovely words in any social media outlet I had (instagram, etsy, Facebook, tumblr, etc). I consider myself lucky because they are all nice and me reading all those written words by you all - that give me sincere happiness. And I am feeling blessed.
Heh, I’m ranting. It’s personal lol but I just want to say that. That is all.
Have a nice weekend! ❤️
#typography #lettering #quote #doodle #vscocam #benice
- jennynoelBe kind and have courage. It really is the best advice.
- soraia_beijinhos@jcree005 😊
- tibbythecorgiPerfect Eugenia, I am not sure you always have the right quote at the right time but somehow you do. I experienced something similar, an IGer we know IRL insulting and calling us haters on IG. Initially I felt hurt and angry because I had always been supportive and kind to her without ever expecting anything in return. And I know I did not do anything hateful or "copying". But then I realized, what is the point of being angry or upset? I can't control others I can only control myself. I stand by what I do, what I believe in. Will I treat her badly in the future? No. Because I am a nice person and I will always strive to be that way. You never know what someone is going through or what their life experience is, so it's very hard to judge them based on one experience. Also, always finding the good and optimism in things, seeing the beauty in everyday, THAT is important. The richest person can be the unhappiest person. The poorest person can be the happiest! Sorry for my rant ☺️☺️☺️☺️ just feel like we are experiencing a lot of similar things
- eugeniaclara@estudioloah ❤️
- eugeniaclara@tibbythecorgi awwh sorry to hear that! 😧. Yeah.. I learnt that case in the hardway too. Like, our heart is in the right place but it's sad other people interpret it in the wrong way. But in the end, we can't control what others think of us.. So maybe yah, you're right, keep doing what we're doing and be nice to everybody even some of them will receive it wrong. And no need to sorry, glad to hear that! Hahahaha. ❤️
- tibbythecorgiHaha Eugenia 😊 you are not only talented, you are beautiful inside and out!
Log in to like or comment.