niel.patelDespite so many popular weightlifters in Houston, it’s difficult to interview just any coach or athlete when most of them don’t speak English. On my last day there, it was the same day Ruslan Zhabotinsky (left) and Dmitry Rabota (right) arrived from Ukraine. They came to Houston to promote the book Ruslan wrote about his father – Leonid Zhabotinsky. Leonid Zhabotinsky is a two time gold Olympic medalist, multiple times world champion, and master of sport. Ruslan did not speak English, but Dmitry was kind enough to act as an interpreter and translate for me.
Which do you like more, the snatch or clean and jerk?
- Snatch is more skill exercise
What’s your favorite thing about weightlifting?
- I am a fan of weightlifting so I like everything about weightlifting. Beginning from training to competition to just lifting weights, I love everything about it. This is a great sport that is very harmonic for your health. It develops your body strong and it develops your mind strong too
What’s your least favorite thing about weightlifting?
- I cannot think of anything
What advice would you give to yourself?
- Actually from my current years, I’m satisfied with everything and I wouldn’t change anything so I can’t think of any advice to give myself
#weightlifters #2015wwc #2015iwfhouston #masterofsport #Ukraine #weightlifting #olympicweightlifting #crossfit
- corentin_le_cossecLove your pics :)
- niel.patel@amrap_couple Thank you!
- coachpapayatsI got one autographed book for @haidie20 and one for coach Lin (Kuo's coach). They speak perfect Russian, don't know what your problem is.
- niel.patel@papayats Most likely my lack of Russian
Log in to like or comment.