joyfulvegan“I didn’t ‘become vegan’ as much as I removed the blocks to the compassion that had been inside me all along.” ~Colleen Patrick Goudreau
I've often likened the process of "becoming vegan" to the process of becoming awake. That’s why I say that for me I didn’t so much “become vegan” as I removed the blocks to the compassion that had been inside of me all along. Of course, there are a number of external things that create these blocks, but the good news is that thecompassion is still there. It doesn’t disappear; it was just locked up.
That’s one of the reasons I have so much hope, because I believe thiscompassion in everyone – it’s just lying dormant. And I think understanding this phenomenon of "blocked compassion" and understanding the process of becoming reawakened to it is the key to inspiring it in others and remaining awake once we open our eyes.
Sign up for your Daily Inspiration at DailyDoseOfCompassion.com
Listen to The 10 Stages of What Happens When You Stop Eating Animals series on the Food for Thought Podcast.
#dailydoseofcompassion #joyfulvegan #colleenpatrickgoudreau #compassion
- veggiemagnifique@chloedunn Exactly!
- selmersimoneThis is so beautiful
- twocityvegansSo so true.
- crueltyfreeboutiqueWell said :)
- coraldslTo me "vegan" is the default mode. We are born this way. Society convicted us to do otherwise.
- toryinobxYes, this is how it happened for me. Knew all along. 😊
- wholesomesoybeanI love this🙌❤️❤️
- saydaiya64I should have recognized this in the 4th grade. I cried at tday because the turkey had been killed for our dinner It was 1974. My family laughed at me but there was zero compassion or understanding. I went on with my life eating the SAD . Ive been nurse for 30 years... Watching people become sicker and fatter and sicker than ever...At 51 I woke up, I got it!! My 21 year old vegan daughter opened my eyes again and allowed my heart to live the compassion it wanted to! Forever thankful! Vegan only 7 months but can't imagine going "back"
- joyfulvegan@thesmoothiejar aw thanks lovie!! ❤️
- tiffanyelainewade@noahwade this is really how we feel
Log in to like or comment.