The Instagram API Platform can be used to build non-automated, authentic, high-quality apps and services that:
- Help individuals share their own content with 3rd party apps.
- Help brands and advertisers understand, manage their audience and media rights.
- Help broadcasters and publishers discover content, get digital rights to media, and share media with proper attribution.
Before you start using the API Platform, we have a few guidelines that we'd like to tell you about. Please make sure to read the full Platform Policy. Here's what you'll read about:
- Instagram users own their media. It's your responsibility to make sure that you respect that right.
- You cannot use "insta", "gram" or "Instagram" in your company or product name.
- You cannot replicate the core user experience of the Instagram apps or web site. For example, do not build a media viewer.
- You cannot use the API Platform to crawl or store users' media without their express consent.
- Do not abuse the API Platform, automate requests, or encourage unauthentic behavior. This will get your access turned off.