Jobs at Instagram
Data Communications, Research ManagerMenlo Park, California, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The Data Communications team's mission is to create data stories that highlight the many ways in which people come together on Instagram and Facebook during key moments, from a Super Bowl to the Grammys to the latest fashion show. We also partner with other Communications departments across Ads, Corporate, and Product to provide innovative insights that support critical public narratives within each functional area.
As a Research Manager on the Data Communications team, your primary focus will be using data to bring these big consumer public moments to life, particularly in relation to important world news moments and special events.
This position is full-time and based at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Conduct in-depth research on Instagram social conversation that takes place during live events, in support of both consumer press and media partnerships
- Partner cross-functionally with internal groups to support the data needs of various consumer PR projects
- Work with Instagram researchers to ensure strategic alignment around certain big events
- Create visualizations that bring key data patterns and insights to life
- Build and maintain an archive of key research findings
- Develop benchmarking capabilities and innovative new ways of telling interesting data stories
- Ensure the highest quality research standards, including prudent protection of user privacy, at all times
- Think creatively about how data can drive growth within Instagram's global community
- 5+ years of data-related working experience
- Advanced degree in Psychology, Statistics, Economics, Behavioral/Social Science, or a related quantitative field
- Statistical and data analysis skills using SQL or similar
- Experience visualizing data sets
- Track record of operating independently, being detail-oriented, and delivering results
- Willingness to occasionally work non-traditional hours to turn around insights as the next morning’s press stories are being written
- HIVE experience
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.