Jobs at Instagram
Instagram Community Lab: Program Manager, ProductMenlo Park, California, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Through editorial, campaigns, product integrations and outreach moments like InstaMeets, the Community Team highlights and connects with distinctive voices from the community.
As the Program Manager for Product, you will be the primary liaison between the Lab and teams across the Product organization, including Growth, Engagement and Creation. You will evangelize the Lab's existence, build close working relationships with product managers, engineering managers, and data analysts, and identify opportunities for collaboration and problem-solving. In collaboration with XFN partners, you will scope projects, establish roadmaps and timelines for deliverables and ensure these deliverables reflect the capacity and capabilities of the Lab's curation team. You will define success metrics, track them, and provide direction to curation team, product team or other stakeholders based on these metrics and insights. You will also work with data analysts and XFN collaborators to measure your projects' impact and promote them internally. This role presents an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new, small and experimental team, with significant opportunities for growth and impact.
This position is based in Menlo Park, California.
- Act as primary liaison between Community Lab and teams across product: Engagement, Growth, Creation
- Support existing, and identify new, collaborative opportunities for the Lab to support goals across the product team
- Project manage Community Lab's initiatives where XFN teams are primary stakeholders — documenting requirements, building out roadmaps, and identifying production & creative resourcing needs
- Provide guidance and direction to producers or creatives on projects as needed
- Serve as main point of contact for database requests/improvements across product teams, and collaborate with Community Lab engineer on tooling priorities
- Serve as primary Community Lab point of contact on company-wide initiative to establish a unified and shared account taxonomy
- Elevate the visibility of the Community Lab and its work among the product teams through regular communication, evangelism, and 1:1 relationship building
- With Data Manager and Insights Analyst, set, track and circulate performance metrics internally and among team
- Capture and promote successful collaborations internally, and build out archive of best practices
- Occasional travel to New York is expected
- 4+ years of experience in product operations, project management, product marketing, or similar product-focused creative production (or similar)
- Demonstrated cross-functional coordination skills
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences effectively
- Ability to identify and solve problems effectively through listening and influence building
- An understanding of Instagram's values, vision, and mission, and how it applies to community and manifests across the Product team
- BA/BS Degree
- A background or experience with visual media
- Ability to use and learn tools like SQL and Excel to drive analytics and reporting
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.