Jobs at Instagram
Instagram Community Lab: Program Manager, OutreachMenlo Park, California, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Through editorial, campaigns, product integrations and outreach moments like InstaMeets, the Community Team highlights and connects with distinctive voices from the community.
As the Program Manager for Outreach, you will be the primary liaison between the Lab and teams across the Outreach organization, including Marketing, Communications, Policy, Partnerships and Research. You will evangelize the Lab's existence, build close working relationships with XFN partners, and identify opportunities for collaboration and problem-solving. You will build processes for soliciting, processing and executing on the projects you identify. You will also work with data analysts and XFN collaborators to measure your projects' impact and promote them internally. This role presents an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new, small and experimental team, with significant opportunities for growth and impact.
This position is based in Menlo Park, California.
- Act as primary liaison between Community Lab and teams across outreach: SMB, Policy, Partnerships, Business Marketing, etc.
- Support existing, and identify new, opportunities for the Lab to support goals across outreach organization
- Project manage Community Lab's initiatives where XFN teams are primary stakeholders: documenting requirements, building out roadmaps, and identifying production & creative resourcing needs
- Identify key initiatives/activations for team across outreach and relay those to the curation team for research support
- Provide guidance and direction to producers or creatives on projects as needed
- Serve as main point of contact for database requests/improvements across outreach teams, and collaborate with engineers on tooling priorities
- Document and relay XFN resourcing/support requests of the Lab/Community Team: community research, curation assistance, event production, etc.
- Capture and promote successful collaborations internally, and build out an archive of best practices
- Elevate the visibility of the Community Lab and its work among the outreach teams through regular communication, evangelism, and 1:1 relationship building
- Work with Data Manager to establish measurement for initiatives, as needed
- Provide production assistance to XFN and community teams for activations, as needed
- 4+ years of experience working in creative production, business strategy or product marketing (or similar)
- Demonstrated cross-functional coordination skills
- Proven ability to drive and execute global projects
- Ability to identify and solve problems effectively through listening and influence building
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences effectively
- An understanding of Instagram’s values, vision, potential and mission
- BA/BS Degree
- A background or experience with visual media
- Ability to use and learn tools like SQL and Excel to drive analytics and reporting
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.