Jobs at Instagram
3D Generalist - InstagramMenlo Park, California, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
We're looking for someone to join our Design Team as a 3D Generalist. You will support our growing portfolio of products and features. The team is responsible for creating motion ideation around content creation tools in 2D and 3D. This will include 3D modeling and animation, 2D design and animation and evolving experiences given Instagram's immediate and long term goals.
This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- 3D modeling and animation
- Partner with the other creative team members to deliver high- and low-poly 3D models for mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Assist in creating high quality 3D and 2D art content for internal prototypes
- Work with product design and machine learning teams to develop visuals for in-app experiences
- Create textures in various styles, from cartoon to photorealism
- 2+ years of experience in advertising, entertainment, gaming or tech industry
- Experience modeling, rigging, texturing using Maya or other 3D art package
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work is required to be considered for this role (include on your resume)
- Portfolio includes projects in 3D and 2D concepts, produced for real-time (low-poly models across various settings)
- Projects demonstrate the experience working in a different styles
- Experience working with poly count for multiple platforms
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.