Jobs at Instagram
Technical Program Manager, Quality MeasurementsNew York, New York, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is looking for a Technical Program Manager to direct engineering and operations for data quality measurement and collection. As a TPM on Instagram Engagement, you will help drive product quality, working with third-party vendors and crowd sourcing projects that contribute to holistic quality measurement. In this position, you will help define, build the roadmap, and help lead the engineering execution of the Metrics & Evaluation platform. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization. They will have demonstrated the ability to coordinate with cross-functional leads on time/mission critical operational issues spanning policy, legal, communications, product, technology, finance, HR, and other interdependent teams. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Understand and own metrics and key performance indicators
- Support and grow team of project specialists
- Work with TPM, PM and Engineering to define your team's strategy
- Lead all program management aspects and the successful execution of complex, cross-functional projects
- Build alignment among key project stakeholders and escalate key decisions as required
- Spot and creatively solve complex, cross-functional operational issues, often unique to each project and third-party vendor
- Continually refine best practices for cross-functional program management
- Manage and allocate operations budget
- Improve data collection efficiency and decrease costs
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years people management experience
- Knowledgeable about information retrieval measurements and methodologies
- Experience in social media, software, Internet or digital media industries
- Willing to wear multiple hats, able to deliver high-quality results in an often ambiguous and rapidly changing business environment
- Open to domestic and international travel
- Communicator with analytical skills and business sense
- 3+ years in a management consulting, or similar strategic program management role for a tech or consumer company
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.