Jobs at Instagram
Public Policy Manager, APACSingapore
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram’s mission is to help people capture and share the world’s moments, and our passion for creativity and simplicity is woven into everything we do. A career at Instagram offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization.
The Public Policy Manager for Asia Pacific will be the primary contact in APAC to help articulate our mission of capturing and sharing the world’s moments. This role will also have a heavy part to play working with the Communications team and developing creative, brand-relevant policy programming to help advance Instagram's mission in the region. Primary duties will include working with the local Facebook public policy team to identify and analyze policy issues, as well as working with local organizations on issues of privacy, teen safety, content policy, and other Internet–relevant public policy concerns.
This person will also be responsible for developing and executing strong policy initiatives that will help enhance the policy community’s understanding of Instagram, its dedication to safety and privacy, and its impact on culture, tourism, and the economy.
This position is based in Singapore.
- Develop and promote creative, innovative policy programs that will help enhance the policy community’s understanding of Instagram
- Develop and execute a strategic approach to achieve the goals of Facebook, Inc and Instagram
- Play a critical, strategic role in training, briefing, and updating regional and cross-functional teams on Instagram’s policy goals and narrative
- Work with policymakers and non-governmental organizations on issues of privacy, teen safety, speech issues, and other Internet-relevant public policy concerns
- Work closely with the Instagram editorial team to understand and highlight key Instagram accounts in Asia and to vet editorial programming for policy
- Represent Instagram in regional meetings and coalition groups where appropriate
- Advise Facebook, Inc. teams on development of products, services and policies
- Longstanding, demonstrated passion for Instagram and a deep-understanding of its mission, goals, and community members
- Strong cross-functional team player and excellent communicator - loves working with people above all else and little ego about issue ownership
- Strong analytical and creative thinking on policy issues and programs - can generage amazing ideas for policy programming and execute them with little or no help
- Well-developed advocacy skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel
- Demonstrated experience managing legislation and/or government relations and advocacy work
- Experience in policy work for a multinational corporation preferred
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.