Jobs at Instagram
Community Editor, Brazil, InstagramSão Paulo, Brazil
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to help capture and share the world's moments. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram’s community team is responsible for discovering and elevating distinctive voices from our 500 million+ active users. Through editorial, campaigns and outreach moments like InstaMeets, we highlight and connect with voices from the community. As the Community Editor in Portuguese, you will be elevating voices from the Brazilian community on our @instagrambrasil channel as well as supporting the regional leads during community moments in the country. This is a full time position, based in Sao Paulo.
- Source some of the best visual storytellers within the Brazilian community, write and edit feature stories for our key editorial and social channels in English and Portuguese
- Research a wide range of talents, from popular to emerging, who are using Instagram in unique ways that inspire creativity within the Brazilian community
- Work closely with the Community Engagement Manager, Brazil as well as other teams in the region to amplify the authentic voices of Instagram's community in the country through strategic events
- Develop, report, commission and author original feature stories for our editorial channel in Brazil as well as our English editorial channels, working with a team of Photo editors and writers to lead the @instagrambrasil account
- Proactively reach out and build relationships with creative and inspiring community members, making sure that their stories are told and that their interests and feedback are communicated to the wider company
- 4+ years of experience working in an editorial environment, writing or broadcasting
- Fluency in English and Portuguese to professional standards
- Ability to write, commission, interview and edit in both Portuguese and English to a high standard
- Ability to film, create or edit stories in audiovisual formats (online video, stories) is a plus
- Demonstrable ability to source and create imaginative contents for digital platforms, with a focus on new formats and young audiences
- Deep understanding of and demonstrable passion for the Instagram community and product
- Excellent networking and social skills, both online and offline
- Skilled writer - must produce a published writing and editing portfolio
- Good technical skills and excellent use of social media and publishing tools
- Experience working with global, cross-functional teams and/or remote office environments, a plus
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.