Jobs at Instagram
Community Editor, Japan, InstagramTokyo, Japan
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram’s community team is responsible for discovering and elevating distinctive voices from our 500 million+ active users. Through editorial, campaigns and outreach moments like InstaMeets, we highlight and connect with voices from the community. As the Community Editor in Japan, you will be elevating voices from the Japanese community on our @instagramjapan channel as well as supporting the regional leads during community moments in the country. This is a full time position, based in Tokyo.
- Source some of the best visual storytellers within our Japanese community, write and edit feature stories for our key editorial and social channels in English and Japanese
- Research a wide range of talents, from popular to emerging, who are using Instagram in unique ways that inspire creativity within the Japanese community
- Research scalable ways to source and promote content that represents the best of Instagram's community in the country, such as inspiring users, current events and noteworthy trends
- Develop, report, commission and author original feature stories for Instagram's Japanese and English editorial channels, working with a team of Photo and Story Editors
- Proactively reach out and build relationships with creative and inspiring community members, making sure that their stories are told and that their interests and feedback are communicated to the wider company
- Work closely with Work closely with the Head of Global Community, APAC Community Engagement Manager as well as other teams in the region to amplify the authentic voices of Instagram's Japanese community through strategic events
- Fluency in English and Japanese to professional standards. Additional Asian language skills, a plus
- 4+ years of experience working in an editorial environment, writing or broadcasting
- Great understanding of language and cultural differences between Japan and English-speaking countries
- Ability to write, commission, interview and edit in both Japanese and English to a high standard
- Ability to film, create or edit stories in audiovisual formats (online video, stories) is a plus
- A demonstrable ability to source and create imaginative contents
- Deep understanding of and demonstrable passion for the Instagram community and product
- Excellent networking and social skills, both online and offline
- Skilled writer - must produce a published writing and editing portfolio
- Good technical skills and excellent use of social media and publishing tools, editorial experience (4 years + ) for an English and/or Japanese publication, a plus
- Experience working with global, cross-functional teams and/or remote office environments, a plus
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.