Jobs at Instagram
Technical Program Manager, Instagram InfrastructureMenlo Park, California, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to help capture and share the world's moments. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people capturing and sharing the World's moments. Our work aims to drive and ship high quality Instagram products to the public. As a Technical Program Manager on Infrastructure, you will play a key role for engineering teams, assessing the scalability of new products and working with infrastructure to meet the scaling demands of the Instagram team. You will ensure the ability to deliver new product experiences on Instagram to 400M+ users. You will work with multiple teams, internally and externally, to ensure people have the best possible experience capturing moments with Instagram. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, hardware systems, capacity management).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, and measure impact by defining meaningful metrics to meet company quality goals.
- Interface with Engineering, Product Management, and other xfn stakeholders for Instagram product requirements and scoping.
- Drive IG software road mapping and hardware web architecture, systems, and production operations at scale.
- Understand Instagram's release management system and assist with app release.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to insure scope, schedule, resources are aligned across teams.
- Manage ongoing learnings and maintenance procedures.
- Provide hands on program management with deep understanding of the need to deliver production systems full speed and at scale.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to at least 2 years of project/program management experience.
- Experience in the management of programs, operator data center, network, hardware systems, infrastructure software engineering, and capacity management.
- Experience gathering application requirements and translating needs into capacity plans.
- Technical knowledge and/or experience around data center and network capacity.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of web technologies and ability to explain architectures from product to infrastructure.
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services.
- Ability or experience to work at scale, and with 24x7 production engineering teams.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Web or Internet start-up technical infrastructure management experience.
- Exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code.
- Product Management experience.
- PMP Certification (PMI)
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.