Jobs at Instagram
Technical Program Manager, Instagram Monetization & PlatformMenlo Park, California, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to help capture and share the world's moments. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to build the best experiences for partners of the Instagram platform. Our work aims to drive and ship high quality Instagram platform products to developers and the Instagram community. A Technical Program Manager operates within the engineering organization in Instagram Monetization and has technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive technical cross-team projects and roadmaps. TPMs are expected to possess an overarching understanding of the developer ecosystem and its architecture (e.g. delivery system, payments, front-end, etc.). By being embedded in an engineering team, a TPM commits to learning the team's technology and to making it transparent to other teams. TPMs make sure dependent teams are not broken by changes, and the IG platform group is not broken by upstream changes, while clearly communicating requirements to teams they depend on. You will develop and scale communications channels within The Company and with external developer partners. Additionally, you will work with multiple teams, internally and externally, to ensure people have the best possible experience developing with Instagram.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions, and measure impact by defining meaningful metrics to meet company goals.
- Help Platform teams understand cross dependencies with efficiency, performance, and quality efforts.
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up to date on technological developments.
- Determine who your developers are and communicate technical requirements to teams you depend on.
- Roadmap and communicate status/big picture to the project team and management. Ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and teams.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to define your team's strategy.
- Make your tech stack transparent with great datasets, reporting and documentation.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of project/program management experience.
- Understanding of platform development and developer needs.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to understand process/operations development and incorporating market feedback into product roadmap
- Understanding of relevant technologies, can explain architectures of main systems.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Ability to work at scale and with 24×7 product engineering teams.
- Web or Internet start-up technical infrastructure management experience.
- Exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code.
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.