Jobs at Instagram
Community Engagement Manager, EMEALondon, United Kingdom
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to help capture and share the world's moments. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram’s community team is responsible for discovering and elevating distinctive voices from our 500 million+ active users. Through editorial, campaigns and outreach moments like InstaMeets, we highlight and connect with voices from the community. As the community engagement manager on the community team in EMEA, your primary focus will be to develop, coordinate and implement the strategy to engage Instagram's community online and offline, as well as discovering emerging voices from our community in the region. This position is based in London.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Pension Benefits, Life Assurance, Ride2Work, Childcare Benefits, Gym Benefits, Transport benefits, Laundry Benefit.
Paid Time Off (PTO): 25 Paid vacation days per year
Job Posted: 21st November 2016
- Develop scalable ways to source and promote content that represents the best of the
- Instagram community in EMEA, such as inspiring users, current events, and noteworthy trends.
- Develop an EMEA strategy on community engagement through online and offline initiatives in the region.
- Work with Instagram's Head of Global Community and Community Leads in different markets in EMEA, developing and supporting on the ground engagement initiatives and events.
- Be a channel of communication: listen closely to local communities and help evolve the Instagram voice in EMEA.
- Work closely with the EMEA Policy, Comms, Partnerships, Marketing and Business teams in cross-functional projects.
- Work with colleagues with similar positions across the world.
- Facilitate events for communities in the region in conjunction with other teams.
- Ability to set, track and organize metrics relevant to this area.
- Be an ambassador for Instagram with local communities where we don't have a lead.
- Identify and communicate regional issues to other teams in Instagram.
- 6+ years of experience working in senior social media roles, with a good background on engaging communities online and offline.
- Experience managing a small team, inspiring by example.
- Experience setting out strategies around social media but also hands-on experience implementing strategies.
- Good understanding of Instagram and social media usage in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Fluency in English to professional standards. Additional European language, a plus.
- A demonstrable ability to formulate strategy and keep track of metrics and goals.
- Ability to work with different teams and being able to pivot as necessary, according to goals and objectives.
- Create imaginative events with users of the platform.
- Deep understanding of and demonstrable passion for the Instagram community and product.
- Good technical skills and excellent use of social media.
- Experience working with global, cross-functional teams and/or remote working.
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.