Jobs at Instagram
Product Marketing Manager, Monetization InternMenlo Park, California, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is the fastest-growing social network with over 500 million active accounts, and we are investing in making Instagram an essential brand and direct response platform for marketers. Marketers and people have shown interest in doing more on Instagram, whether learning about a new brand, shopping for products or downloading a mobile app. In recent months we’ve opened up the platform to self-serve advertising in markets around the world, introducing new ad formats and objectives to deliver performance throughout the advertising funnel.
Instagram is looking for a summer intern to support the Monetization team in developing our business and product strategy, managing our go-to-market plans and coordinating a cross-functional team to bring great advertising solutions to businesses and the community. The ideal candidate will have a multi-disciplinary background—including business strategy, product marketing and analytical skills —and be passionate about Instagram. This is a summer intern position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Work with product and engineering teams to develop or enrich our advertising solutions
- Partner with the leads on the Monetization team to build holistic project plans, lead the cross-functional team and ensure accountability across partners
- Coordinate and communicate the rollout of new products or features with the cross-functional team
- Collaborate with our marketing, PR, measurement and sales teams to create product positioning and materials
- Drive adoption of our advertising solutions and funnel advertiser feedback back into the product organization
- Assess and prioritize new monetization opportunities
- Current MBA student with graduation date between December 2017 and August 2018
- Proof of permanent US work authorization
- 3+ years of business strategy, product marketing or product management experience
- Ability to create frameworks to evaluate complex problems and present a clear recommendation for how to proceed
- Strong project management skills
- Flexible and comfortable working in a cross-functional capacity within a fast-paced, often ambiguous, start-up environment
- Ability to contribute at both strategic and operational levels
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience in the digital ads industry is helpful
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.