Jobs at Instagram
Technical Program Manager, Instagram Search & RankingNew York, New York, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to help capture and share the world's moments. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
One of Instagram's goals is to show people the stories that matter most to them. As a Technical Program Manager, you will work with Instagram's search and feed ranking team and will play a key role within the product and engineering teams, ensuring the quality and usability of features going out to production. This role will work closely with the feed and product teams in infrastructure and mobile development. You will work with multiple teams, internally and externally, to ensure people have the best possible experience capturing moments with Instagram. This is a full-time position based in New York with some travel to Menlo Park. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about search/ranking product development, passionate about photography, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the Instagram product and business.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery within Search Engineering.
- Communicate status and big picture to project team and management.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions, and measure impact by defining meaningful metrics to meet company goals.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Help teams understand cross dependencies with efficiency, performance, and quality efforts.
- Understand how prediction models and machine learning ranking impact user experience. Measure and optimize.
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals.
- Ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and teams.
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck, providing day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for project and tasks.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in Program Management or Product Management.
- Understanding of relevant technologies. In particular, some experience with Search, Information Retrieval, Ranking Systems, Recommendation Systems or Artificial Intelligence.
- Communication, coordination, and organizational skills with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an environment.
- Proven ability to work directly with technical engineering teams and senior management.
- Leadership skills.
- Experience in software project life cycle management.
- Ability or experience to work at scale, and with 24x7 product engineering teams
- Mobile or start-up environment and technical management experience.
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.