Jobs at Instagram
Global Communications DirectorMenlo Park, California, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to help capture and share the world's moments. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram seeks a Global Communications Director to lead its communications team and support the company’s rapid global growth and adoption. This position will oversee Instagram's large and growing team of communications leaders around the world, working closely with Instagram's senior leadership team, including its CEO, COO, and CTO. The successful candidate will be a highly experienced team leader with deep experience as part of a senior leadership team overseeing all aspects of strategy, execution and global coordination.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a high-performing team and be proactive, creative and highly organized. This position is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Lead strategic communications for Instagram, working with each communications lead to drive a proactive strategy that plays to Instagram's strengths and is touch with market dynamics and opportunities
- Partner with leaders on Instagram's management team to define our company voice and narrative and put the systems in place to scale it globally across our teams and agencies
- Devise and execute major communications strategies and campaigns to support Instagram's strategic objectives and brand goals
- Drive growth and business goals, working with senior executives and teams across the company including engineering, product, finance, marketing, partnerships, growth, monetization and legal
- Develop a holistic approach to executive communications that strategically combines the most high impact use of social, press and speaking
- Maintain a close working partnership with Facebook's communications team on planning, resourcing and to identify areas that would benefit from close coordination
- Provide mentorship and support to our communications team around areas such as crisis management, strategic decision making, and employee development
- Manage resourcing and planning with Instagram's COO, finance and HR to develop headcount and budget plans that map agency and team needs to company priorities
- Work with our partnerships, growth and business teams to develop a coordinated and impactful approach to how executives travel to support our country, business and monetization goals
- Build deep relationships with press, analysts, influencers and other external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the different roles and values of media relations, executive communications and internal communications, as well as the ability to combine these effectively as part of an integrated team and strategy
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Communications, English or related field
- Post-graduate or professional degrees preferred
- 17+ years of professional experience in communications with leadership and team management experience
- Experience working within the technology or consumer industries, fortune 500 company experience preferred
- Experience executing media campaigns, crisis management, building relationships with media and working with executives
- Experience managing corporate issues and project management
- Experience managing agencies and contractors, and putting in place scalable processes to drive and measure results
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.