Jobs at Instagram
Manager, Software EngineeringMenlo Park, California, US
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to help capture and share the world's moments. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is a treasure trove of authentic, creative and inspiring content — every day over 72 million photos are shared by over 172 million people all over the world. These are the world’s most memorable moments expressed by our 400 million strong community of storytellers. Our Community Engineering team is responsible for the safety and trust of the people who use Instagram. Our mission is to help our community share and consume stories fearlessly, free of spam and abuse. We strive to make our community’s experience on the site as meaningful as the moment captured. As we build out our CE team, we’re looking for a leader to drive engineering efforts to detect and eradicate spam and fake accounts, to develop IG’s login and account lifecycle experience, and to build tools to ensure the safety and integrity of our product. The ideal candidate brings an unwavering passion for Instagram and managing the dynamics of a fast-paced and creative environment.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership over the community engineering team
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management
- Prior experience in one of the following C++, Java, and/or Python
- Demonstrated domain experience in spam detection, pattern recognition, authentication systems and data analytics
- Deep experience in Unix/Linux
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years relevant work)
Instagram, as a part of Facebook, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Click here to read Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Instagram participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.